Man arrested for assaulting girlfriend with knife

  • Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
  • Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times

REVLIS Raymond has been arrested for cutting the face of his girlfriend with a knife at their apartment on Sunday.

The Attorney General’s Office  charged Raymond, 59, with assault with a dangerous weapon, assault and battery, assault, and disturbing the peace.

Superior Court Associate Judge Wesley Bogdan imposed a $10,000 cash bail on the defendant during Wednesday’s bail hearing.

At the hearing, Assistant Attorney General Steve Kessell appeared for the government while the Public Defender’s Office was appointed by the court to represent Raymond.

Raymond was remanded to the custody of the Department of Corrections and was ordered to return to court on Oct. 15 at 1:30 p.m. for a preliminary hearing and on Nov. 3 at 9 a.m. for his arraignment.

The victim told police that on Sunday, prior to the incident, she was invited by a female friend to have dinner in San Roque.

She told Raymond about it, but he did not want to go because he was not feeling well.

She said Raymond was picked up by his cousin around 12 noon, and at 3 p.m. she left to go to her friend’s residence in San Roque.

At about 5:07 p.m. she  called Raymond and advised him to go to her friend’s house in San Roque because Raymond did not have the key to their apartment. But he refused and said he was going back to their apartment.

At 5:33 p.m., Raymond called her and asked where she was. She told him that she was still at her friend’s house.

She said Raymond started getting mad and was shouting profanities on the phone. She then hung up.

She told police that she arrived home at around 7 p.m. and saw Raymond and his cousin drinking beer outside the front door.

She asked them to go inside the apartment and continue their drinking there, which they did.

At around 8 p.m.,  after Raymond’s cousin had left,  she asked Raymond whether he would be sleeping in the bedroom or the couch. Raymond replied that he would sleep on the couch.

In the bedroom, she heard the sound of liquid spilling on the kitchen floor. Raymond then walked into the bedroom looking angry with both his hands made into a fist.

She said he tried to punch her, but she put up her right arm to block it. She said Raymond then took her cell phone and purse and shouted at her to go to the living room.

In the living room, she said, Raymond told her to sit in a chair, which she did. Raymond then went to the kitchen area and she saw him

She said when Raymond walked toward her with the knife she got really scared and told Raymond to stop.

She said Raymond told her, “You think I cannot kill you?”

She said she begged Raymond not to hurt her.

With his left hand, he grabbed her head and pressed the kitchen knife against the left side of her face while she continued to beg for him to stop.

Raymond finally walked away from her and sat down in a chair.

She asked Raymond to help her up because she was having a hard time breathing, “but he just sat in the chair and kept banging his hand on the table.”

She said Raymond told her, “Next time it will be worse.”

The victim said she did not know that she got cut from the knife because she was “so scared” of Raymond.

She said she was unable to call the police because Raymond had taken away her cellphone.

But the next day, Sunday, she called the police.

The police officer who responded stated that the victim had a laceration on her left facial area.

previous arrow
next arrow

Read more articles

Visit our Facebook Page

previous arrow
next arrow