Slider
Slider

|

Slider

NMC enrollment increases

Local
Typography
  • Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
  • Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times

(NMC) — Despite the ongoing challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic, Northern Marianas College on Thursday reported that its enrollment for the Fall 2020 semester is higher than last year.

The college has enrolled about 1,300 students this semester.

“Our enrollment this Fall is even higher than one year ago in Fall 2019,” said Interim President Frankie Eliptico.

NMC’s enrollment was at 1,246 students in the Fall of 2019. Eliptico also mentioned that NMC has continued to post increases in enrollment in the past few years.

“Our strong enrollment for this semester demonstrates that more and more students in the CNMI are looking to NMC for their professional growth and development,” added Eliptico.

 

Miss Marianas Shannon T. Sasamoto is one of Northern Marianas College’s students this semester. NMC classes are mostly online due to Covid-19 safety measures. NMC photo

Classes for NMC’s Fall semester have been migrated to an online platform for the most part to maximize safety of students and employees during the pandemic.

92% of the 247 classes this semester are taught virtually or online. As a result of the directive from the Governor’s Covid-19 Task Force, NMC shifted the remaining 8% of classes with face to face instruction to an online or virtual format through Sept. 6, 2020.

“Our staff and faculty have also been working very hard to prepare our campus and to ensure our programs and services continue to meet student needs and expectations even while online,” said Eliptico. “Our recruitment team has also done a tremendous job in reaching out to our community.”

Eliptico acknowledged the hard working employees — faculty and staff — for their commitment and dedication to NMC students.

 

 

previous arrow
next arrow
Shadow
Slider

Read more articles

Visit our Facebook Page

previous arrow
next arrow
Shadow
Slider